ZUG, SWITZERLAND, September 29, 2022 – PSI CRO AG announces the launch of VISIONAL™, a study modeling tool that is part of the company’s proprietary technology platform, INTELIA™, used for clinical trial planning, budgeting and tracking of clinical trial finances.
“Now, more than ever, biotech sponsors need to see study budgets that are realistic, reliable, and predictable. Sponsors are tired of CROs change-ordering them at every turn, and CROs need to improve their predictions of what it would take to complete a clinical trial on time,” says Alla Smyshlyaeva, PSI’s Senior Director of Proposals. “With the help of leading software development company DataArt, we have created a technology platform that offers a suite of study planning tools and is indispensable to the efficient planning of global pivotal clinical trials.”
VISIONAL™ HELPS ACCURATELY PREDICT STUDY ENROLLMENT TIMELINES
VISIONAL™ , the latest addition to PSI’s INTELIA™ platform, is a machine-learning-powered system for data-driven feasibility and enrollment forecast. It models and compares hundreds of country and site combinations, their budgets and probability of success within just a few minutes. In the end, it recommends the most optimal enrollment scenario in line with sponsor key objectives
HOW IT WORKS
VISIONAL™ is a cloud-based module that integrates and processes feasibility data tailored to a specific protocol, taking into consideration local medical practices, available patient populations, clinical trial experience, and other variables.
It collates historical enrollment rates in the given patient population from both internal and external data sources.
VISIONAL™ integrates historical startup timelines across more than fifty countries where PSI operates, as well as specific site knowledge data.
Sophisticated constraint-based algorithms are then applied to these data sets to model hundreds of country- and site-specific enrollment combinations to find the ideal scenario. Within minutes, clients have access to:
- the fastest possible patient enrollment scenario
- cost-effective enrollment options
- optimal patient enrollment scenarios that balance out associated costs and study duration
VISIONAL™ can also be used to validate the client’s requested specifications, to estimate probability of success for the expected scenarios, and to recommend alternatives.
IMMEDIATE AND LONG-TERM BENEFITS
- Modeling Beyond Human Abilities VISIONAL™ is extremely fast: it has the capacity to model and compare hundreds of possible enrollment scenarios and suggest the most optimal scenario within only a few minutes
- Predictions without Human Errors and Bias VISIONAL™ de-biases enrollment projections: scenarios are automated and data-driven
- Probability Projections VISIONAL™ estimates the probability of enrollment projections using historical data
- Up-to-date Algorithms VISIONAL™ is up to date: the algorithms are based on the latest data and are being “retrained” on an ongoing basis to capture the latest insights
- Live Budget Simulations VISIONAL™ incorporates costs in the decision-making process
“We are very excited about VISIONAL™,” says Kasia Moscicka, Global Head of Feasibility Department at PSI. “Reliable planning of clinical trials has always been PSI’s core expertise. Now, with the addition of this powerful tool, we are fully equipped to produce highly dependable, protocol-specific enrollment scenarios that consider the many intrinsic strategic needs of our customers.”
ABOUT PSI’S INTELIA™
INTELIA™ is PSI’s proprietary cloud-based platform created with the help of a leading global software development company DataArt.
The platform brings together a suite of clinical trial planning tools:
- VISIONAL™, study modeling tool
- CLARITY™, study budgeting and forecasting tool
- CADENCE™, study budget tracking tool
- INSITE™, investigator grant calculator
ABOUT PSI CRO
PSI CRO is a privately-owned, full-service clinical research organization (CRO) operating globally. PSI’s global reach supports clinical trials across multiple countries and continents and specializes in the planning and execution of global pivotal registration clinical trials. With an exceptionally high repeat and referral business rate combined with minimal staff turnover, PSI is committed to being the best CRO in the world as measured by its employees, customers, investigators, and vendors.
Global headquarters are based Switzerland at 113a Baarerstrasse, Zug 6300. www.psi-cro.com
For Media Inquiries:
Ashley Stufano, Marketing Specialist
919-972-9572 | firstname.lastname@example.org