PSI Data Protection Notice: Job Applicant
Last revision on 10 October 2022
PSI CRO AG and the PSI entity that directly communicates with you for hiring purposes (PSI, we: https://www.psi-cro.com/global-reach), is a global contract research organization that provides clinical research services.
PSI CRO AG and each PSI entity will act as joint data controllers with regards to the use of your personal data, which means that they share the responsibility for the appropriate use of your personal data. This Data Protection Notice explains how PSI collects, uses, stores, and shares your personal data.
WHICH OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA PSI NEEDS TO COLLECT
When PSI is considering your candidacy, we will review the information you provided to us about yourself, as well as data generated during interviews with you, including questionnaires you completed. We may also collect information about you from other relevant legitimate sources like from the references you provided to us and publicly available media. We may cooperate with a recruitment agency; in which case they may obtain data directly from you and share with us.
Normally, we will obtain and process the following data:
- Identification and contact: name, surname, sex, postal address, phone number, email address, etc.
- Qualification and professional experience: education, work experience, language skills, former employment, certificates, licenses, professional membership, awards, publications, information captured on the CV.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PSI will be processing your personal data for considering your candidacy in accordance with the applicable laws. In some countries a data controller should have a legal basis for personal data processing.
PSI relies on the following legal basis:
- Making some pre-contractual steps, for example asking you to complete questionnaires, obtaining opinion of your former employer or from other contacts that you provided to us in the references.
- Compliance with legal obligations for correcting or erasing your personal data if you submit a request to us to exercise your data protection rights; for disclosing data at the time of inspections to which we may be subject.
- Legitimate interest in ensuring security at PSI offices when we register you in our visitor log if you come for an interview to a PSI office; in combining data about your application with data about other candidates to learn more about how PSI can improve staff recruitment.
- Your consent to keep your data in our database so that PSI can consider you for other vacancies in case your application is not successful at the time you first applied, provided that you have given your consent.
WHO WILL ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PSI is a global company, and PSI staff who will view your application may be in countries other than the country in which you applied. PSI will also involve external companies that help us managing the application process, including look for candidates, as well as performing background checks in compliance with the applicable law. PSI may also need to engage external service providers to help PSI analyzing and improving our internal processes.
When the parties with whom we need to share your data are located abroad, your personal data will need to be sent or/and accessed from abroad, including to/from countries where the data protection laws may be less strict as compared to the countries of the European Economic Area/Switzerland/the UK. When PSI shares your data with such parties, we ensure that these PSI staff and external recipients, regardless of their location, commit to protect your personal information. You can ask PSI to tell you more about these safeguards, including a review of any applicable protective measures.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE KEPT
If PSI engages you, we will keep your personal data as a member of our personnel. If we do not, we shall retain your personal data as the applicable law requires and then delete the data.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can request access to your personal data, ask to correct and erase your data. You can also request that we stop processing your personal data or object to some data processing that we described in this Notice. In case we process your personal data based on your consent, as explained above, you can withdraw your consent and claim your right to data portability. We will consider all such requests in accordance with the applicable laws. You may ask for more information, request execution of your rights and send any other enquiries to PSI Data Protection Officer at privacy@psi‑cro.com
If you are based in the EU/UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent supervisory authority. You may find a list of the EU national data protection authorities and their contact details at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en Follow please to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/